Venice Beach Veggie Quiche
Time to Make: n/a Servings: 6
What You Need
|1 teaspoon||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Chopped onion|
|1 cup||Sliced mushrooms|
|3 tablespoons||All-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||Dried basil leaves|
|½ teaspoon||Dry mustard|
|Freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|1 cup||Nonfat milk|
|1 (4 ounces) carton||Egg substitute|
|¼ cup||Eggology egg whites|
|½ cup||Shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese|
|4 sheets||Phyllo dough|
|2 tablespoons||Butter, melted|
|1||Medium, firm, ripe tomato, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Shredded parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat oil in small saucepan. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add water and heat to boiling. Add broccoli, cover and allow to steam 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Stir together flour, basil, mustard, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in milk, Eggology egg whites and egg white. Stir in vegetable mixture and shredded cheddar; set aside.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough in pan, fitting to cover bottom of plate smoothly and folding corners down evenly with top edge of pan. Brush entire sheet very lightly with melted butter.
- Place a second sheet of phyllo in pan, crisscrossing over the first sheet and folding corners down evenly with edge of pan. Brush entire sheet very lightly with butter. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of phyllo, adjusting the position of the sheets so they completely cover the pan, folding corners down evenly with pan and brushing lightly with butter.
- Spoon filling into phyllo crust. Overlap tomato slices in a decorative circle on top of filling. Very lightly brush the tomatoes and edges of the quiche with any remaining butter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until almost set and lightly golden. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 5 to 8 minutes longer, or until set. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving
|Calories:||228 (39% fat )|
|Fat:||10g (4g sat)|