So-Cal Crab Pot Stickers with Kiwi Sauce
Time to Make: n/a Servings: 30 potstickers & 2 TBSP sauce
What You Need
|1 lb.||Lump crabmeat (drained and shell pieces removed)|
|1/4 cup||Minced green onions|
|1 TBSP||Low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Fresh ginger (peeled & grated)|
|1/4 tsp||Chile puree with garlic sauce|
|2 (10 oz.) packages||Frozen chopped spinach, drained, thawed, and squeezed dry|
|2 oz.||Eggology egg whites|
|1||Garlic clove (crushed)|
|30||Won ton wrappers)|
|1 TBSP||Oyster sauce|
|1/2 tsp||Chile puree with garlic sauce|
|1/4 tsp||Grated orange rind|
|2 TBSP||Vegetable oil (divided)|
Kiwi Fruit Sauce:
|3||Peeled kiwifruit (about 3/4 pounds)|
|1/3 cup||Soft tofu, drained|
|2 TBSP||Seasoned rice vinegar|
- Prepare filling: Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Prepare pot stickers: Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers in damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon about 1 tablespoon crab mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Gently flatten pot sticker using fingertips. Place pot stickers on a large baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch.
- Combine 1/2 cup water, oyster sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chile puree, and orange rind.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pot stickers; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Add half of oyster sauce mixture to skillet; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until liquid is evaporated. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Repeat procedure with 1 tablespoon oil, remaining pot stickers, and remaining oyster sauce mixture.
- Prepare kiwifruit sauce: Combine kiwifruit, tofu, and vinegar in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Serve sauce with pot stickers.