Pumpkin Pie Mini Soufflés
Time to Make: n/a Servings: n/a
What You Need
|1/2 cup||Half and half|
|1/2 teaspoon||Grated nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon||Ground allspice|
|1/8 teapoons||Ground cloves|
|1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon||Succanat, divided, plus additional for coating ramekins|
|3/4 cup||Canned pure pumpkin (from a 15-oz can, not pie filling)|
|1 1/4 cup||Eggology egg whites|
- Whisk together half and half, cornstarch, spices, and 1 Tbsp succanat in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking, then simmer, whisking, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in pumpkin. Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lower third. Butter ramekins and coat with succanat, knocking out excess, then put in a large shallow baking pan.
- Beat Eggology egg whites with salt in another large bowl using an electric mixer until they hold soft peaks. Add remaining 3/4 cup succanat a little at a time, beating, then beat until whites hold stiff, glossy peaks, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Fold one third of whites into cooled pumpkin mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Divide mixture among eight 6-oz ramekins, mounding it.
- Bake soufflés until puffed and golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Soufflés will deflate with time.