Herb Chicken Rolls
Time to Make: n/a Servings: n/a
What You Need
|1/4 cup||Loosely packed fresh parsley|
|1/4 cup||Loosely packed fresh basil leaves|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh thyme leaves|
|3/4 teaspoon||Coarsely ground pepper|
|5 slices||Whole-wheat bread|
|3 ounces||Eggology fresh egg whites, lightly beaten|
|12||Boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|3 ounces||Prosciutto (12 slices)|
|6 slices||Swiss-flavored 1/3-less-fat cheese, halved|
|Vegetable cooking spray|
|Basil sprigs (optional)|
- Combine first 5 ingredients in food processor, and process until crumbs are fine; place crumbs in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Combine egg whites and water in a shallow bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Top each with a slice of prosciutto and a half piece of cheese.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Tuck in sides; secure each roll with wooden picks. Dip each roll in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam sides down, in a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. Discard wooden picks.
Serving size: 1 chicken roll