Frozen Chocolate Mousse
Time to Make: n/a Servings: ~ 1 1/2 quarts
What You Need
|2 cups||Heavy whipped cream|
|6 oz.||Bittersweet chocolate|
|6 oz.||Unsweetened chocolate|
|8 TBSP (1 stick)||Unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 cup||Sugar|
|2/3 cup||Eggology egg whites|
|1||9-inch springfoam pan or other stainless steel mold|
|cocoa powder or chocolate shavings for finishing|
- Place the 9-inch springform pan or other stainless steel mold in the freezer. Whip cream to a soft peak and refrigerate until needed.
- Melt both chocolates over hot water, remove from heat and work in butter; set aside.
- Combine Eggology egg whites and sugar in bowl of electric mixer; and place over pan of simmering water. Whisk gently until egg whites are hot and sugar is dissolved. Use an electric mixer to beat until cooled and increased in volume.
- Quickly fold together chocolate mixture and meringue. Taste a spoonful to make sure the mixture is not any warmer than room temperature. If it is, let it cool for a few minutes before folding in the whipped cream or the cream will melt and separate.
- Scrape into frozen springform pan or mold and smooth the top with an offset metal spatula. cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight before serving.
- To unmold, have a chilled platter ready. Dip a small, thin knife in hot water and run it around the inside of the pan to loosen dessert. Unbuckle side of springform and remove. Cover dessert with the chilled platter, invert, then lift off pan bottom. Dust very lightly with cocoa immediately before serving or stick chocolate shavings all over top and sides of mousse. Return to freezer until time to serve.
This is great with a rich chocolate sauce or some crushed, sweetened berries.