Chicken Pot Pie
Time to Make: n/a Servings: n/a
What You Need
|1 lb.||Leftover white-meat chicken (cut into cubes)|
|1 cup||Frozen carrot slices|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|1 cup||Frozen chopped onions|
|12 oz.||Jar of chicken gravy|
|1 package||Refrigerated pie crust|
|1 cup||Sharp cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup||Eggology egg whites, beaten|
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, vegetables, and gravy.
- Bring to a boil and season with the fresh cracked pepper.
- In the meantime, place the two rounds of pie dough on a floured surface and allow them to come to room temperature. Then sprinkle each round with a half cup of the shredded cheese and press it into the dough.
- Flip the dough over and place half of the chicken mixture on each round.
- You will only want to place the filling on one half of the dough, making sure to leave room to crimp the edges.
- Fold the dough over and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Carefully place the pockets on a nonstick cookie sheet and brush with the Eggology egg whites.
- Cut slits into the top of each pocket and bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.