Aspen Asparagus Souffle
Time to Make: n/a Servings: 4
What You Need
|1/4 cup||Bread crumbs|
|1 cup||Asparagus, cut into one-inch pieces|
|1||Clove garlic, chopped|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, chopped|
|2 TBSP||Unsalted butter|
|2/3 cup||Whole milk|
|1/4 tsp||Dry mustard|
|1/2 cup||Parmigiano-Reggiano or Gruyere cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup||Eggology egg whites|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter and coat the ramekins with the bread crumbs.
- Boil the asparagus until just tender.
- Run the asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the shallot and saute until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Puree the asparagus, and shallots in a food processor.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the flour and stir to mix.
- Add the milk, nutmeg, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until it thickens.
- Add the cheese and mix it in as it melts and remove from the heat.
- Mix the cheese mixture and asparagus mixture together.
- Beat the Eggology egg whites in a bowl until just stiff.
- Fold the Eggology egg whites into the cheese and asparagus mixture.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins, place the ramekins into a baking dish and fill the baking dish with hot water up to half the height of the ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 350F and bake for another 15 minutes.